10.05.2010

Have A Little Faith In Me....

As I have found very little time between my photography job, my other side-jobs, and making sure to live my life....writing has taken the backseat to  what's been going on in my life. But something tonight finally jolted me out of my hiatus and so I felt the need to update.

Yes, I am still working on my music project, even more diligently than ever as I have started to download and add some of my new music to my iTunes collection! The musical journey has taught me a lot about myself and what I'm looking for in life, but I digress. Tonight, as I cozied up on the couch with Matt and watched tonight's new episode of Glee....I couldn't help but be drawn to the topic at hand: Faith. 

In the episode, it deals with faith and how each person believes in something different....even if nothing at all. The members of the glee club each express what faith means to them, whether it be through going to Temple, Church, or praying to a grilled cheese sandwich with the face of Jesus burned onto it. Point being, each person had their own belief of what faith and spirituality meant to them, even if they didn't have any at all.

There are times that I can relate to Kurt's character, where I don't necessarily believe in there being a structured higher power to believe in. Instead, feeling that a belief in a higher power is just something that makes people sleep better at night. I know not everyone will understand what I mean by that and attack my previous statement, but I don't care. I believe in a God that I can talk to whenever I want to, share whatever I believe in, and I don't feel pressured to be in a cookie-cutter type of religion. But I do respect other religions and beliefs, even if it's not what I necessarily agree with. It's pertinent to always have faith in something, even if it is only yourself.

With that said, the episode got me thinking about Faith in my own life and where it lies now. I still have my random conversations with God whenever I feel I need to talk out life....good or bad. And it got me thinking about the ways I view music and writing. Music has become part of my own faith, giving me the strength to keep going on a daily basis, as well as keep my life in focus. It's a part of who I am and what I believe in. But writing? I never make more time for it....and that's where I falter.

In an effort to truly devote myself more to my "faith," I need to make more time for my writing. Instead of holding out for two weeks to write another entry, I need to push myself harder to write weekly, sometimes twice a week. It'll give me peace of mind, it'll keep me grounded. And most important, it'll keep my faith in check. 

So for now, I bid you all goodnight; I will be back to updating musically very soon!

~Jenny Rockstar

No comments:

Post a Comment