11.24.2010

Being Thankful....

With Thanksgiving on the horizon, it occurred to me today that this year has been one of many reasons to be thankful. Sure, every year I will always be thankful for the people I have met and memories I have made, yet this year has definitely been one to top the charts!


Each year, I am always thankful for friends, family, and (for almost three years now) the most wonderful boyfriend I could have ever asked for. 


I am thankful for the love in my life. It genuinely feels incredible to have that feeling of being loved every single day! (And to share that love with those around me.)


I am thankful to have someone in my life with which I can share everything. Not everyone finds their best friend/love of their life as quickly as I have.


I am thankful for the smiles, the laughter, and the love that occurs in my life on a daily basis. Without those, I don't know how I'd make it through life day to day.


I am thankful for a good book to read, a great album to listen to, and a movie that can make feel the emotions of the characters in that moment.


I am thankful for the ability to smell the saltwater in the air, the feeling of the sand in my toes, and hear the roar of the waves as it crashes into the surf.


I am thankful for those moments that take my breath away, which seem to be happening even more now than ever.


I am thankful to be in a job that allows me the chance to share a smile and friendship (and possibly a drink or two) with some wonderful co-workers.


I am thankful for opportunities that bring me closer to my dreams, no matter how big or small those opportunities may be. Each one is a step in the right direction.


I am thankful for meeting new people and forming new relationships, as well as having the opportunity to experience those relationships which have faded through the years. Each person you meet will impact your life in ways that you cannot even imagine.


I am thankful for knowing the meaning of "fortunate" by having a roof over my head, a clean bill of health, a car to drive, a warm bed to sleep in, food in my belly, and the clothes on my back. 


I am thankful for what I have learned from the past and all of the wonderful/exciting things that the future will bring. 


While the list could go on and on, most importantly, I'm thankful for my life. It has taken me a long time to get here, but I wouldn't trade this life for all the traveling and riches of the world. At the end of the day, true riches remain with the people who care about you, not what you own or what you've had the chance to see in your lifetime. And the stories that I have to share from my life? Completely epic.


And so, I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving, wherever you are. Eat lots of food tomorrow, drink to your heart's content, and remember to be appreciative of everything you have in your life....very few are as lucky as you and me.


~Jenny Rockstar

No comments:

Post a Comment