4.15.2014

Calming the creative monster....

I have been experiencing a creative conundrum of sorts....

in the sense that I feel like I am crawling out of my skin not expressing myself creatively as of late.

Just the mere thought of downloading new songs sends my brain into an overload like any other. Picking up my camera the greatest high one can achieve. And even sitting here, pouring my thoughts out onto my little blog brings me solace more than a glass of wine and a good movie. (A good vinyl might just trump it.)

Life has thrown me so many curveballs as of late that I'm almost unsure of how to proceed from here. How do I find balance when time is so scarce as of late?

But I must press on. I must continue being who I am. I can't lose myself in the banality of every day existence. I won't let it happen. I'm more than just my job. My real career is being artistic and creative...and not being afraid to express that as much as possible.

With that said, I think I need a photography excursion soon. I am itching for it, just dying to get my camera strap wrapped around my wrist and explore for a while. To crouch down in the grass and capture the perfect shot. For so long, being behind a camera allowed me to heal and continue to experience life (and share it with those around me.) After a while I stopped being afraid of getting back in front of the camera. And now? I want to experience that rush again, the one where being behind the lens gave me the courage to share what was deep in my soul.

And as of late, to keep myself, I think I need to go back to that. To have my headphones at the ready, my camera on my hip, and the surroundings of a city abuzz with life to breathe in. I need something and I don't care how I get it. 

All I know is that if I don't....I'll never satisfy the itch. 

~ Jenny Rockstar

No comments:

Post a Comment