4.05.2014

Knowledge is some powerful stuff....

As I sat here going through old pictures I had left on my Canon Rebel (and finding pure solace in Lightroom and a possible NYC excursion soon), I couldn't help but think how much I've changed over the past six years. While I still have my moments where I can be irresponsible or just need to let loose, I feel more grounded and clear than I have in a long time. 

I've learned that it's okay to stay in on a weekend, by myself, and enjoy the quiet of my home. When Matt cannot be here, I miss him but I cherish these moments with my thoughts.

I've learned that alcohol is not always necessary. It's not always about partying or needing something to take the edge off. Even in college, just the mere thought of music studio time during finals brought me that rush that I needed. Sometimes just being behind a camera or having my head buried in a good book (or my notebook) brings a better high than a shot of Fireball.

I've learned that the world is full of toxic people, and it's okay that they are who they are, but that doesn't mean that they need to be in my life. Sometimes, walking away is the only answer, because continuing to just live with it is not good enough. 

I've learned that even when you don't believe it, love will find you again. And when it's right, you finally understand what all of those love songs talk about. (And that the idea of marriage can become exciting again.)

I've learned in that love that it's Matt or it's nobody. And anyone that came before was only there to teach me what I do (and don't) want in a relationship. (And that I won't settle for less than I am worth. Never again.)

I've learned that I'm braver and stronger than I even realize. I've weathered some rough storms, but I'm still here. Even when I felt ready to give up on myself, I kept pushing through for reasons I'm not even sure of. 

I've learned to be myself in a world where people try to change you because you don't fit their mold. I am who I want to be and even thinking for a second that attempting to correct that is necessary....is dumb.

I've learned that the real adventure in life is just living. It doesn't need to be anything extreme, but rather just grabbing the reins and seeing where the wind takes me.

I've learned that happiness is something that is not just for everyone else...it's for me too. And I need to make myself happy before others at times.  

I've learned that sometimes that taking a step back and into the background is healthy. Being the center of attention all the time can be exhausting. 

I've learned to laugh more, share emotions, indulge in the simple moments, cook more, cuddle more, read more, learn more, and simply just....be. 

But for now, time for me to start picking up the things that make me happy again. 

Time for new adventures.

~ Jenny Rockstar

No comments:

Post a Comment