12.08.2010

War is over....if you want it....a tribute

Thirty years ago today, the world lost what I believe to be one of the most influential and brilliant individuals: John Lennon. While I may not have even been a gleam in my parent's eyes when his life was so brutally taken from him, his music and life has inspired me just the same.

Like George, John inspired me musically....just in different ways. He inspired me to keep performing even when I felt like stopping. His music made my days just a little brighter....words that seemed to bring people together. 

I can still remember performing "Imagine" for my Senior Year piano recital (and freshman year spring recital.) When I performed that song, it was almost as though it wasn't me playing....it was like John was there with me, proud that I was sharing his message with the audience. Those moments have meant more to me than anyone knows and so in John's memory, here are the words to one of his greatest songs:

Imagine by John Lennon


Imagine there's no Heaven 
It's easy if you try 
No hell below us 
Above us only sky 
Imagine all the people 
Living for today 

Imagine there's no countries 
It isn't hard to do 
Nothing to kill or die for 
And no religion too 
Imagine all the people 
Living life in peace 

You may say that I'm a dreamer 
But I'm not the only one 
I hope someday you'll join us 
And the world will be as one 

Imagine no possessions 
I wonder if you can 
No need for greed or hunger 
A brotherhood of man 
Imagine all the people 
Sharing all the world 

You may say that I'm a dreamer 
But I'm not the only one 
I hope someday you'll join us 
And the world will live as one 

***********************************

Thank you for sharing your gifts with us, John. Your memory and message still lives on, even after 30 years.

~Jenny Rockstar

No comments:

Post a Comment