5.18.2014

On the path to life discovery....

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of spending some quality time with family. It's not always simple to just get together and hang out with them, but when we do get together, I always feel a strange sense of calm. Watching my cousins with their spouses and beautiful children, laughing and sharing stories that as an adult, I can now laugh and appreciate with them. 

I feel blessed to have been raised by the family that I have, each and every one of them leaving their imprint on my life. And even now, as Matt and I make our plans to bring our families together, I still feel blessed. 

Looking back on how my life has gone, I don't think I would change anything about it. Because if I did, where would I be? Would Matt and I have come together? Would I be happy? All I can do is focus on making my life what I want it to be now, rather than focus on all of the things that I could have done differently. 

For now, I'm itching to start a new project. One that I intend to finish, something to keep my mind calm and my heart open to all possibilities. I'm thinking a writing project is in order, yet I'm not sure as to what I can write about. So many thoughts and yet not enough time to organize all of those thoughts rattling around in my head. 

Maybe it's time I opened up to writing poetry again, really worked on a craft that used to just come so naturally to me, that each stanza felt like taking a deep breath. My words help to define me, I live by them and within them. How could I forget that when all else failed, aside from music, writing gave me the solace that I longed for. I could figure myself out in the careful deliberation over the delivery of a metaphor. 

For now, I'm going to take each day at a time getting myself back to that place....a little "life discovery" of sorts. Whatever it takes, I'm open to everything.  

Jenn's Life Discovery Soundtrack

1) Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
2) Crazy Train - Black Sabbath
3) Rockstar - A Great Big World
4) Fever - Black Keys
5) Body and Soul - Billie Holliday

~ Jenny Rockstar

No comments:

Post a Comment